Rep. Lee’s Resignation May Affect Makeup Of NY State Senate
Lee’s resignation opened a political vacuum. Upstate Republican State Senator George D. Maziarz was being viewed as a frontrunner, but if he leaves for Washington, that will put the newly-won GOP control of the State Senate in jeopardy.
“What happens to that seat is a special election. If the Democrats capture that seat, the Republicans lose control of the Senate,” one expert said.
- CURE-NY WINTER/SPRING NEWSLETTER 2018
- Judge tosses suit seeking to block parole of cops’ killer
- CURE Conference video, Las Vegas 2017
- Inmate advocates urge Cuomo to ditch rules on bringing packages to state prisons
- The Practical Case for Parole for Violent Offenders By MARC MORJÉ HOWARDAUG. 8, 2017
- New York now considers youth as a factor for inmates’ parole Tweet email
- New York’s Parole System Is ‘Broken,’ But Cuomo Can Help Fix It by Victoria Law June 5, 2017
- International Conference to Discuss “Mandela Rules” on Prison Reforms April 25-29 in Costa Rica
- Political Interests in Albany Could Finally Align to ‘Raise The Age’ Of Criminal Responsibility BY CHRISTINA VEIGA Chalkbeat March 16, 2017
- The Context for the Trump Phenomenon