Rep. Lee’s Resignation May Affect Makeup Of NY State Senate
Lee’s resignation opened a political vacuum. Upstate Republican State Senator George D. Maziarz was being viewed as a frontrunner, but if he leaves for Washington, that will put the newly-won GOP control of the State Senate in jeopardy.
“What happens to that seat is a special election. If the Democrats capture that seat, the Republicans lose control of the Senate,” one expert said.
- The Practical Case for Parole for Violent Offenders By MARC MORJÉ HOWARDAUG. 8, 2017
- New York now considers youth as a factor for inmates’ parole Tweet email
- New York’s Parole System Is ‘Broken,’ But Cuomo Can Help Fix It by Victoria Law June 5, 2017
- International Conference to Discuss “Mandela Rules” on Prison Reforms April 25-29 in Costa Rica
- Political Interests in Albany Could Finally Align to ‘Raise The Age’ Of Criminal Responsibility BY CHRISTINA VEIGA Chalkbeat March 16, 2017
- The Context for the Trump Phenomenon
- ‘Those Visits Were Everything’: How Prison Visitation Cuts Devastate Families
- Flanagan Says ‘Raise The Age’ Will Be Part of Budget Talks By Nick Niedzwiadek Politico February 22, 2017
- Mancos woman works to free innocent prisoners across the country By Jonathan Romeo Herald Staff Writer | Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017 10:55 PM
- Governor Cuomo has proposed cutting visit days from 7 to 3 in New York’s maximum security prisons.