CURE NY is a not-for-profit agency which focuses on seeking reform of the criminal justice system. CURE NY invites all CURE chapters to attend. CURE NY recognizes the problems many other NFP agencies experience with diminishing budgets and the scarcity of grants. We will open our training session to any other NFP who is interested in attending.
Our training session is free for CURE affiliates. The fee for anyone outside of CURE-NY is 30.00 per person (to assist in off-setting the price). For anyone travelling in we have negotiated corporate rates through the Hyatt at Fishkill, NY where the seminar will be held. There are a block of rooms reserved for King Suites at 119.00 and 2 BR or 2 BR with three beds reserved at 199.00. Please let us know if you want a room. There is a link we will send you to reserve.
The event will be held Saturday February 28, 2015, 9:00 am-12:00 noon at the Hyatt Place, 100 Westage Business Center Drive, 12524. 1-800-897-5757
CURE affiliates please RSVP. There is no cost for your attendance. We must get a head count to secure the appropriate meeting room. So please let us know early if you will attend. Guests please fill out the form below and mail in to CURE NY with your check or money order for 30.00 registration fee.
Topics covered will include: advocacy (Galen Baughman, CURE National) , social media use in NFP agencies (Khalil Cumberbatch, CURE Advisory Committee), fundraising (Meghan Wood, Friend of CURE NY ) legal overview (Cheryl Kates-Benman Esq, Co-President CURE NY) and Board development. Other topics may be added TBA. CURE NY may produce similar seminars quarterly depending on the interest.
Are you a CURE NY member? Y N
Individual memberships are 10.00. Members will receive a discount in the future. Additionally, CURE NY produces a quarterly newsletter. Membership will place you on the mailing list to receive notification of all CURE NY events. Please mail completed form and registration fee to CURE NY PO Box 1542, Fairport , NY 14450.
- CURE Conference video, Las Vegas 2017
- Inmate advocates urge Cuomo to ditch rules on bringing packages to state prisons
- The Practical Case for Parole for Violent Offenders By MARC MORJÉ HOWARDAUG. 8, 2017
- New York now considers youth as a factor for inmates’ parole Tweet email
- New York’s Parole System Is ‘Broken,’ But Cuomo Can Help Fix It by Victoria Law June 5, 2017
- International Conference to Discuss “Mandela Rules” on Prison Reforms April 25-29 in Costa Rica
- Political Interests in Albany Could Finally Align to ‘Raise The Age’ Of Criminal Responsibility BY CHRISTINA VEIGA Chalkbeat March 16, 2017
- The Context for the Trump Phenomenon
- ‘Those Visits Were Everything’: How Prison Visitation Cuts Devastate Families
- Flanagan Says ‘Raise The Age’ Will Be Part of Budget Talks By Nick Niedzwiadek Politico February 22, 2017