Co-President Deb Bozydaj received a reply to her letter regarding HR 2521 (Restoring Education and Learning ( REAL ) act from her local Congressman Chris Gibson. Gibson indicated the legislation would reinstate Pell grants for the incarcerated. This bill is currently in the House Committee on Education and the Workforce. Hopefully soon, the focus on education and the impact it has on recidivism will allow the education programs restoration in prisons.
- New York’s Parole System Is ‘Broken,’ But Cuomo Can Help Fix It by Victoria Law June 5, 2017
- International Conference to Discuss “Mandela Rules” on Prison Reforms April 25-29 in Costa Rica
- Political Interests in Albany Could Finally Align to ‘Raise The Age’ Of Criminal Responsibility BY CHRISTINA VEIGA Chalkbeat March 16, 2017
- The Context for the Trump Phenomenon
- ‘Those Visits Were Everything’: How Prison Visitation Cuts Devastate Families
- Flanagan Says ‘Raise The Age’ Will Be Part of Budget Talks By Nick Niedzwiadek Politico February 22, 2017
- Mancos woman works to free innocent prisoners across the country By Jonathan Romeo Herald Staff Writer | Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017 10:55 PM
- Governor Cuomo has proposed cutting visit days from 7 to 3 in New York’s maximum security prisons.
- Join People’s Parole Watch Feb. 27
- State Withdraws Request for Medicaid Coverage for Prisoners, Funding for HIV By Josefa Velasquez Politico January 27, 2017