international human rights organizations that have called for my immediate and unconditional release for more than four decades.
I have to caution you young people to be careful, for you are up against a very evil group of people whose only concern is to fill their pockets with even more gold and wealth. They could not care less how many of you they have to kill or bury in a prison cell. They don’t care if you are a young child or an old grandmother, and you better believe they are and have been recruiting our own people to be snitches and traitors. They will look to the drunks, the addicts, and child molesters, those who prey on our old and our children; they look for the weak-minded individuals. You must remember to be very cautious about falsely accusing people based more on personal opinion than on evidence. Be smart.
I call on all my supporters and allies to join the struggle at Standing Rock in the spirit of peaceful spiritual resistance and to work together to protect Unci Maka, Grandmother Earth. I also call upon my supporters and all people who share this Earth to join together to insist that the US complies with and honors the provisions of international law as expressed in the UNDRIP, International Human Rights Treaties and the long-neglected Treaties and trust agreements with the Sioux Nation. I particularly appeal to Jill Stein and the Green Parties of the US and the world to join this struggle by calling for my release and adopting the UNDRIP as the new legal framework for relations with indigenous peoples.
Finally, I also urge my supporters to immediately and urgently call upon President Obama to grant my petition for clemency, to permit me to live my final years on the Turtle Mountain Reservation. Scholars, political grassroots leaders, humanitarians and Nobel Peace Laureates have demanded my release for more than four decades. My Clemency Petition asks President Obama to commute, or end, my prison term now in order for our nation to make progress healing its fractured relations with Native communities. By facing and addressing the injustices of the past, together we can build a better future for our children and our children’s children.
Again, my heartfelt thanks to all of you for working together to protect the water. Water is Life.
In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,
- The Practical Case for Parole for Violent Offenders By MARC MORJÉ HOWARDAUG. 8, 2017
- New York now considers youth as a factor for inmates’ parole Tweet email
- New York’s Parole System Is ‘Broken,’ But Cuomo Can Help Fix It by Victoria Law June 5, 2017
- International Conference to Discuss “Mandela Rules” on Prison Reforms April 25-29 in Costa Rica
- Political Interests in Albany Could Finally Align to ‘Raise The Age’ Of Criminal Responsibility BY CHRISTINA VEIGA Chalkbeat March 16, 2017
- The Context for the Trump Phenomenon
- ‘Those Visits Were Everything’: How Prison Visitation Cuts Devastate Families
- Flanagan Says ‘Raise The Age’ Will Be Part of Budget Talks By Nick Niedzwiadek Politico February 22, 2017
- Mancos woman works to free innocent prisoners across the country By Jonathan Romeo Herald Staff Writer | Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017 10:55 PM
- Governor Cuomo has proposed cutting visit days from 7 to 3 in New York’s maximum security prisons.